Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of aftermarket pads that I believe are a sorce of the noise I am hearing. So I called two dealers for a price on front pads - 216.00 for OEM and 162.00 for motorcraft!!! Anyone know where I can get these cheaper or have a recommendation on a particular aftermarket type pad -- I have Powerstop drilled rotors. ANy advice is appreciated

Thanks
tony

·
Registered
783 Posts
You can buy some Hawk HPS pads for like 90 bucks from Maximum Motorsports, and they're far better than what Ford will sell you.

·
Registered
866 Posts
98blacksnake said:
I currently have a set of aftermarket pads that I believe are a sorce of the noise I am hearing. So I called two dealers for a price on front pads - 216.00 for OEM and 162.00 for motorcraft!!! Anyone know where I can get these cheaper or have a recommendation on a particular aftermarket type pad -- I have Powerstop drilled rotors. ANy advice is appreciated
Thanks
tony
Hawk makes good pads but some are designed for autox & OT use so be careful which ones you get. If you get the wrong ones they'll eat up your rotors and get dust all over your wheels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can get the Performance Friction pads at Autozone. Lifetime warranty as well.

James

·
Registered
936 Posts
Good article in latest issure of 5.0 Ford magazine. It will definitely help you make a choice.
good luck,

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Railroad, can you paraphrase instead of making cryptic statements?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
lo pony said:
Railroad, can you paraphrase instead of making cryptic statements?
Basically... some brand called SBS won the little shootout. Hawk, Performance Friction, and OEM lost.

The SBS Carbon-Cermaic was the clear winner.

·
Registered
605 Posts
From a completely stock replacement point of view - the Performance Friction ZRated pads with the lifetime warranty from AutoZone is the BEST deal going IMHO. I have been completely satisfied - they dont make a squeek but after some time there is dusting but probably not as bad as the stock pads and it comes off very easy with nothing but soap water and light wiping.

THese would be good even for your first open track ventures in the begining stages ( I am not speaking from track experience mind you, I have yet to make it to Road Atlanta- I will though someday - but I have read much about pads and these pads).

The only complaint I have heard from someone who did take them to the track or from aggressive street driving is that they take some considerable amount of pressure on the brake pedal to make them really grip down. I dont know much about that - I would think going to steel braided lines and flushing fluid/bleeding would take care of something like that but who knows.

Now if you get more serious you would probably want better pads but the trade off is going to be more rotor wear. Go to corner-carvers.com or the corral's ROAD Racing forum for better info on track pads.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
98blacksnake said:

Thanks
tony
I got mine at Ford for ~$90 (front: F5ZZ-2001-A). Made in Australia. I didn't know (and doubt) that Motorcraft has a brake pad for the Cobra.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts