Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a BBK high-flow h-pipe. I lowered the car and I musta bottomed out on a speed bump or something and messed up one of my cats. Well, instead of just buying another cat (which woulda been expensive) I just cut off the cats and had pipe welded in place of the cats. Holy **** there is a lot more HP and torque like this. My car picked up a WHOLE LOT when I cut off the cats. I think my times at the track last weekend were affected by the messed up cat; crap was rattling inside of the catalytic converter. Well anyways... my point is that off-road pipes do make a HUGE difference over high-flow ones. I had an off-road last summer and traded with a guy who had a high-flow for even. I did it 'cus I was tired of the sound. Well, I'll just have to get used to it 'cus I'm not gonna willingly give up this power that I've gained through cutting off those cats.

-Clinton

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Doesn't Texas have an emissions test now? How are you going to deal w/ that? Just curious as I'm looking at moving back home to Central Texas.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the big cities have 'em now. Not Waco :joy: . I know of a few places that I can take it to. Its not a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts