Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a new member, first post. Thanks for the add. Apologize for long post, I have been undecided for too long...lol
Has anyone had any experience with the holley sniper xflow 1375 part #550-544? Holley claims Hp up to 800 NA or 1375 boosted.
It would be going on a FT4E block 408 in a 90 mustang coupe.
Scat forged crank and H beam rods
Forged -22 pistons
AFR 205 58cc hyd. Roller
Compression 10:4
Super vic. Ported and Matched to heads
Lunati 244 duration .587 lift cam
1.6 comp magnum rockers
TKO600
373 rear gears
Car is more of a fun street car maybe 1-2 year strip action. Possibly a vortech t trim down the road.
I know want to go fuel injection, I'm told MPI is far more tunable than TB, however the TB seems more tunner friendly with injectors and capability for boosted applications all in one system, no buying larger injectors and re-tune if I ever go boosted. I am a noob to tuning.
I have everything I need to go MPI including microsquirt, complete aromotive fuel system 47 lb EV1 injectors, 340 in tank, -8 an feed -6 an return, fuel rails, regulator and 90mm accufab TB. Accumulation over a 1.5 years.
I am ok with ditching the MPI in favor of TB if performance is marginal and TB is tunner friendly and reliable. The more I read about tuning the more confusing it gets to me. Not sure what to do. What would you do? Thank you

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi finch.
its a great time for efi, with that said pretty Much all of the aftermarket efi systems for your 351w is going to be tuner friends now days.

there are many throttle body injection vs sequential mpfi threadsto be found here all with different fanboys of each. The fact is, they all work well. The sniper system you posted has been used many many times with great success. I say absolutely go for it. The system is easy to remove and sell if for some reason you wanted to down the road.

are There other systems that will get you .03 milliseconds faster processing, sure. Are There a few smpfi systems out there that are going to get you an extra 3 miles a gallon and a few more ponies.. sure. Are there some other Efi systems that will idle 70 rpm better? yep...

its 2020.. they all work well. Get what you want to get and go play with it.

that sniper kit on a N/A 408 sounds like fun. And I'll take that boost later. but so will all the others. Get what you want and go have some fun before all gas cars become illegal and everything's electric....

·
Registered
158 Posts
oh and.. if it were me, I'd ditch the stock mpfi as you hinted to Along with all the time and money you would spend for a shop to tune it and throw that sniper on in and go have a blast.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Finch44,

I am very happy with my Holley Terminator Stealth setup which is a throttle body injection EFI. One thing to keep in mind on the Holley kits is the throttle body CFM for the kits vary a bit and are not based on the rated HP on the kit. they make 800 cfm throttle body injection kits and 950 CFM ones. the HP rating goes by the injector, so for a 408 I would ensure you get the larger CFM units as thats what I am running and that will ensure you don't restrict any high RPM power.

I have loved mine you will drive the car so much more and mess with a carb / tuning so much less. they get you 90% there with the self tuning once dyno tuned the cars drive fantastic. Also if you can get a kit with the dominator computer its a big step up from the base kit for future potential and tuning options going forward. See my thread and results from the EFI swap below if you want more info. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Pro-M EFI would be what I’d do if I were in your situation, it’ll do everything you want with no tuning necessary...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts