Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas, when I change the oil in my 92LX (105K miles), I get a hint of gas smell in the oil. What could be causing this? Leaky injector? Blow-by? Any sure-fire way to narrow it down?

The car passes smog, runs great, and I have never seen any smoke ever come out of either tailpipe on that car.
Thanks

Luke

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Oil on/coming out of K&N breather cap???

I was getting oil in my intake and was told I could be experiencing some blow-by and it was suggested that I plug the pcv, the tube on the t/b, the breather tube, and the vacuum tube. So I did this, and put a filter type breather cap on the oil fill tube. I noticed that there is a lot of oil on the filter. Not oil residue, but oil. What could cause this and does this point to bad rings? Car smokes some and there is oil on the #5 plug when I change it. The motor is stock, and is a 1990 with 130K on the clock. Any opinions? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
sorry for taking up space..

I thought I was typing another thread, my bad for invading your space :eek: I'll go start my own...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.