Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get a higher pitch exhaust sound? I want more of a exotic sound then what I have now, offroad h-pipe w/ flows. What would be a good set-up?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think the x-pipe will give you that type of sound. H-pipes give more of a deep rumble.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was thinking x-pipe and some cheap turbo mufflers. The ones you get for 20 bucks. A '98 GT I drove as a demo had that set up on it. It didn't sound that bad. It was a nice change from everyone else's h-pipe/flows combo. I prefer stock now. I am tired of Flomasters. Everybody's got 'em, and I was asked by a Camaro guy what exhaust I had. I said stock. He just looked at me with a blank stare. He thought the Flowmaster sound everyone had was the stock exhaust!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the sound of my car but It sounds like every other Mustang. I've done a search and found that x-pipe with straight through mufflers give you this (exotic) sound. What are some good straight though mufflers?

·
Registered
524 Posts
magnaflow or bassani. I would get the magnaflow x and cat back. That would give you what you are looking for and also it is all stainless.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I've got a VRS catted X and Dynomax SS Ultra Flos. Sounds shweet! Higher tone than an H, but I wouldn't exactly call it high-pitched.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have a Bassani catted X and Magnaflow cat back. I wouldn't say it sounds exotic. It pretty much sounds like a musclecar but quieter.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I wouldnt say its "high pitched" but a really different sound. When I had my X pipe Magnaflow combo everyone loved it but it didnt sound anything like the Flowmaster chambered sound.

I dont think you will get the high pitched sound unless you rev out to like 10 grand :).

·
Registered
612 Posts
My bassani x w/cats and borla mufflers sound great. A bit louder than most exhaust systems with catted pipes. Has a nice exoctic sound to it, it's nice not to sound like every other mustang on the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mike,

I run a VRS catted X with MagnaPacks and IMO it sounds a bit exotic (not quite Italian exotic). It's different than your average stang for sure though. I like it but it could be a tad loud for some tastes.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Just in case you've never been go to www.mustangexhaust.com and listen to some X/straight thru combos.

I'm running a Bassani X into the Steeda/Borla after cat. It sounded quite exotic until a bashed my cats on some lumber dropped from a truck on the highway. Now it just sounds like Dookie!....until I fix it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts