Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a high idle since my injector swap. I use a 76mm c&l with the 30lb tube. It will idle from 1200-1500 but sometimes it'll stay around 900 and be normal. When I turn my electric fan on, the idle will drop lower sometimes (like from 1200-1000 for example) Any idea's on this? I checked tps and I re set it to about .91v. Car runs fine otherwise but I can't fix this idle. Any help???:confused:

·
Registered
115 Posts
vacuum leak?

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
tps should be between .95-.99 i thought....other than that check your timing....and readjust accordingly

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think its a vacuum leak because if it was, I would think it should run bad all the time. My tps being at .91v is fine, setting in the high .90's isn't recommended. Timing ia @ 18* and its fine and hasn't been touched. I'm planning on getting a vacuum gauge soon hopefully. Any other idea's? I have the battery disconnected for now, i'm gonna see if that does anything.

Mike

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
up

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
Have you tried clocking your mass air meter?

Do you have an open air filter element in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its clocked a little now, maybe 2 o'clock and I have a stock air box w/ a k&n.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
I would continue experimenting with clocking the mass air. Rotate that puppy around to 8:00 or so and see if it helps. If not, try 5:00 (keep splitting the difference).

This is assuming that you don't have a vacuum leak or a bad injector.

You will need to disconnect the battery for 20+ minutes each time you rotate the mass air to clear the short and long term fuel trims.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll try a few more things tomorrow thanks. any other suggestions...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts