Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recall reading several times over the past few years where some members here had wired their own relays and timed relays to control the electric pump and fans for a cool-down period.
For those that have done so, did you use a high amp timed relay, or did you have a high amp relay controlled by a low amp timer "up stream"?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
66 Posts
I recall reading several times over the past few years where some members here had wired their own relays and timed relays to control the electric pump and fans for a cool-down period.
For those that have done so, did you use a high amp timed relay, or did you have a high amp relay controlled by a low amp timer "up stream"?
Thanks in advance
High amp timer automotive type relays are few and far between. You could use this :

Hella Adjustable Time Delay Units 996152131.

You would use this upstream of your high amp relay, they work well you can feed duel high amp relays with one trigger.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
High amp timer automotive type relays are few and far between. You could use this :

You would use this upstream of your high amp relay, they work well you can feed duel high amp relays with one trigger.
I've been eyeballing that relay.
I've been looking around, and yah, I can't find any high amp timer relays, but was hoping someone here had information and a source.
I'm just trying to keep it simple.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts

Thanks Bud! EXACTLY what I was looking for. Was just about to mess around and build a 555 timer...right in the nick of time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts