Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have directions similar to a step by step process with pics? i want to do this to my 89 5.0 si i can clean the engine bay and make it look so much cleaner

·
Registered
351 Posts
i would also like to see a detailed thread on wire relocation. i've got my front end off now and would like to clean up the engine bay, but ran into a couple problems. i realise a lot of it is common sense but it would be nice to have others' suggestions. like where you ran the wiring & if you need to lengthen any of the wires.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
no step by step because it is prety self explanitory but i ran the pasenger side wires through the hole on the rear of the shock tower. then the front (headlight) harness met that rear harness in the fender. no lengthening
on the drivers side i put the rear harness through a hole in the rear of the shock tower and again met the front harnes in the fender. no this is when it gets tricky. i didnt want to mount my starter solonoid up high inside the fender to if i had to get to it i would have to take out the inner fender. so i put it down lower towards the front of the car on the frame rail. this made me elongate some shorter wires from the rear harness to reach the solonoid. so if you put the solonoid up higher you wont have to lengthen any wires. but i did.

thats about it. take a look at my site you can see how it looks (dont know if i have any closeups but you get the idea.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have 1 pic of the inner driver's side fender here:

http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/b?KEY=6&ACCOUNT=943

The only wire I didn't use was the one that plugged into the brake fluid reservoir. Other than that, all wiring was left the same length. The passenger side O2 sensor wire took some tugging and persuasion to get to reach but it worked out fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts