Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 93' notchback but im sure its the same on most cars. I wanted to clean up the engine bay and i was thinking that hiding all or most of the wires would look really good. If anyone has done this or knows where I can find tips on how to do it.It will be greatly apreaciated thanks, Brad

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try doing a search in the General Tech forum. This topic has been discussed to no end :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did mine. When you start it, you have to decide how far you want to go with it. As soon as you start you get snowballed into doing every wire. On the passenger side, it';s pretty straight foward, when you look there will be a whole there already there where the brake lines go through. Use that for the mass air part of the harness. On the drivers side, I used two holes. One is like the passenger side where the brake lines go through. The other hole is on the back side of the strut tower. I forget now, but i had to use a file to open up the hole a little more, but not much. You can mount your soleniod in the engine bay, or where mine went just inside the fender in front of the wheel on the front rail just before the radiator support. either way you'll need to make a few wires a little longer but nothing too bad. It takes some time, but once you get started you'll start to see how it will come together. Up front the headlight harness you can just tuck under the rad. supp. and in front of the top of the rad. Good luck and if you have any questions ask. If I can get some, I'll post pics of mine to show you. My fenders are off so you can really see it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, i should be starting this project any day now. It sounds like its pretty straight foreward but just takes alot of time to do, thanks for the info and ill reply soon if i have any questions thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts