Ford Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Curious to know myself. I'd like to do a HID retrofit in a set of OE fluted lenses to keep them "hidden". Was concerned the cutoff line would be affected
Exactly, There's just something that makes me cringe with damn near every aftermarket light for our cars.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The flutes in the lens don't effect the light pattern that I can tell when driving. I will get some pictures at night and post everything up that I used. I would have to look again at night to see if the headlights have glare when you look at them.
I'm real happy so far with the result and would do the exact same thing again.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
The flutes in the lens don't effect the light pattern that I can tell when driving. I will get some pictures at night and post everything up that I used. I would have to look again at night to see if the headlights have glare when you look at them.
Many of us want to ensure the fluted lenses dont cause light scatter. You wouldnt notice it, oncoming drivers would though. If you park near a wall and look at the light pattern against the wall you can usually see it.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Exactly, There's just something that makes me cringe with damn near every aftermarket light for our cars.
Thats because there arent any classy aftermarket lights. They all try to put some stupid extra leds, or some design inside the light housing making them look bad. If I can get away with doing these behind a fluted lense without light scatter, I am all for it.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thats because there arent any classy aftermarket lights. They all try to put some stupid extra leds, or some design inside the light housing making them look bad. If I can get away with doing these behind a fluted lense without light scatter, I am all for it.
Myself as well. I drove home from the track last year at 11pm and at 70 I felt my lights were sketchy. Made me realize how lucky I am to be alive when I was doing freeway pulls at 1xx speeds in my early 20's in this ****box.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Got a link for the projectors you used?

·
Registered
402 Posts
OK, as requested.
Use the 9007/9004 wire harness. Pick the shroud you want. I cant remember what one I got, but I think it was the cleanest style.
I really cant remember what bulb temp I got, but I think it was the 4300K. I would have to look to verify.
Like I said, best upgrade for factory looking ****ty Chinese lenses.
Sorry I left my killer factory Hella fog lights on for the fence pic. These fog lights I used to rely on as my head lights because the aftermarket headlights are ****. I have yellow film over my fog lights.
With the regular and brights on in the lower photos I did not have the fog lights on.
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Rectangle Wood Road surface
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Rectangle
Atmosphere Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Yeah, the cutoff on those is great. I was looking at the exact same kit for mine. I'm sold...i really appreciate you taking the time to post this. Time to buy some replacement headlights so i can get started on this.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
That looks awesome. And the small refraction lights the housings enough that it looks stock. I like that!, thank you.

Reactions: Dwain

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
never my hids are spot on.
You should post a beam pattern picture like above of yours, specifically, Id like to see it at 25 ft from a wall. .

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Would you like fog lights on like that pic?
No, that's not necessary. Just want to see how good the pattern is and the cutoff.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If you need more photos, I'm happy to provide. looks like you have a SN95?
Sadly, I cant help Nick with his one piece headlights that nobody likes.
Yeah I'm going with a smaller version since my headlights are not as tall. They are just as good as the ones you have. Same manufacturer, they just use h1 bulbs. I'm pretty sure they will fit. I'm worried about how close they will be to the bottom of the headlight housing. I may end up ordering a shroud that is flat on the bottom. I need to get a set of headlights torn apart so i can take some measurements.

Maybe those lights have a hid procjector in them. I'll wait to see the pattern before i pass judgement.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts