Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, currently I have a 94 Acura Integra LS but that's soon to change as im selling it. As soon as I sell it, im going to look for a 00+ Ford Mustang GT(5M). My plans so far will include.

1)18x9.5 Cobra R's(brother had them from previous cobra).
2) FMS 4.10 gears
3) Magnaflow/Flowmaster catback.
4) Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
5) Mach 1 Grille delete kit.

My brother has owned 2 mustangs so im pretty familiar with them, but now I would like to learn more, especially the 99+ GT's.

Are there any known problems/issues that I can spot when I go to test drive the cars once my car is sold? I've heard about the rear tire rub, tranny grind and intake coolant problems.

Another question I have is concerning the high-end acceleration of the car. Such as 60+ mph's. Does it run out of breath or does it still have some kick left?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
good luck and welcome to corral

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome =)

The cracked intake thing will be an issue on any pre-02 car without the aluminum crossover... not something to really worry about, you can get the newer intake for ~$100. Be aware that if you go with a mid-year 01+ GT, they come with the TR3650 tranny instead of the T45. It can handle more torque, but it's pretty tight and notchy. Not so bad once you get used to it. If you're not too familiar with the cars, I'd highly recommend taking the car to a reputable mechanic, preferably one who works on a lot of Mustangs, before you commit to buying.

Good luck, let us know what you end up with!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts