Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i gota 98 cobra vert,

i have had this little problem with water getting into my stang when it rains, water seems to accumalate right behind my rear seats on that plastic thing(where the top sits when its down). does any one else have this problem? has any one fixed it?its really pissing me off i've already had to replace the insulation on the carpet cause water seems to creep back their when it rains pretty hard:( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My car did that also. It frustrated the hell out of me. I had a few places in that area it would leak though and had my top replaced. I do still accumulate a small small amount of water there but it is due to the weather conditions here. One minute it's cold and the next it gets hot. On a rear glass curtain you can only imagine what happens. Condisation forms on the inside and drips down. What style of rear window curtain do you have?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nope. Mine leaks onto my left leg when it poors. If I have to leave it outside I always have a towel on hand to leave it on my seat.

Only advise I can give to present and future vert owners always carry a towel in the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mikejb, sounds like you have a seal leaking issue or even possible a door alignment problem. Ours had a combination of stuff. First the top was shrunk so bad you could see the frame rail above the door. The door itself was misaligned due to age. The seal that comes up along the windshield area also had shrunk about a half inch. Once we had the top replaced, door aligned, and replaced the seal we were good to go. We actually had to use a trashbag to cover the seat in order to sit on it. Basically what we did was catch the water witht he bag and flip it out of the car to sit on a dry seat. While driving though we still had the drip drip drip on the leg. :D All part of owning a car that comes factory with a missing roof. ROTFLOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow, it sounds like Ive got a good one. I only get a little wet when it really rains hard. I think if I got a new windsheild seal it probly wouldn't do that. But Ive got new top and rear window (well its three years old but I claim the garage) and Ive got all new weatherstrips and had to fiddle with them to get it to seal. And then theres the wind noise. The joys of owning a vert, but when that suns out and the top is down theres nothing like it!
Bill

·
Registered
147 Posts
I must be lucky because I don't get wet at all.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey village. Mine has all that you described. I am still running the factory top. You can see in my sig the pic. It needs replacing. Someday I will have $ to replace it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Neither of my '00 GTs leaked at all. The silver one came from the factory with an inoperable top, but even after it's many roof surgeries, it didn't leak anywhere.

-Mike

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wind noise on the highway is especially annoying almost as annoying as that drip. also a set of 40 series dronemaster(flow) mufflers to give you a nice headache by the time you reach work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts