Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: what am i doing wrong i cant get the motor out.am i missing something i removed all the trans bolts and put a jack under it to hold i t. i had to cut the motor mounts free they where very rusted but it just will not move .and i m not going 2 force it .please help im getting pissed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I need more information. Is it breaking free from the bell on the tranny? Is it not coming off the mounts? Is the car lifiting up with the motor? Feed me some more detail.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its breakn free about 1/2 inch .it raises when i jack it up like its stuck.did i miss some bolts .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:mad: ok i went ofer it again and ist like the engine is stuck to the trans if i raise the engine hoist the tran wants to go with it .at the most it opened about a 3/4 inch or so i tried to shake it free but no luck.im in a jam now what.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had this same problem. I just happened to have a LONG breaker bar that was actually part of a fence. I bent one end flat and wedged it between the tranny and the engine and got them apart.

Is there any way you can wedge something (gently) in between the two? Can you pull the tranny out fomr the motor?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it should just slip out right .raise it slowly and i will try the pry bar .thanks im all over it tommarow thank again

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wish I could be of more help. Good luck with it all bro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts