Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home, car shuts off...Get car towed home, checked fuses and fuel pump fues is out. Replaced, Ran fine for 3 blocks then shuts off again. Replaced Fue pump, same problem, Now blows fuses as soon as I turn the Ignition...Thinking it might be the Fuel pump relay? But wheres it located? Maybe a short? Need SERIOUS help. Need car ASAP!!! thanks

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I have had this same problem. Check the wire that goes to the fuel pump that is in the trunk under the carpet. It might be pinched on something. Check the wire under the car from that are to. The covering on the wire was exposed on mine and a little piece of wire was showing and hitting a piece of metal and blowing fuses everytime i turned the car on. Check the whole trunk are in and out and you might find the problem. Let me know if you find anything. Goodluck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that Im back in business! Found the problem. There was an aftermarket alarm that was NOT in use, ever since I bought the car. Took all the wires out and rewired everything to its orignal condition..or at least pretty close. One of the wires...Was exposed, not sure which wire that was but rewired everything, tossed out all the relays, wires, all the alarm stuff....Went to the store bought some more fuses...Turned on car, and now its running prefectly fine! Except for my "check engine" light...which is because one of my MIL's is burned out. But one thing at a time! thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts