Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my problem guys have a 91 gt auto, car idles fine but when you give it gas fast it falls on its face wont take g as at all, if you give it slowly it does ok till about 3000 rpm, i replaced the fuel filter, plugs, egr, iac , does anyone have any input on what i should try next???????? thanx

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
i also suggest the fuel pressure regulator, especially if you still have the original one on there. Now is a good time to get an adjustable one, no need in replacing that one with a stock one. }:~)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK was driveing the car shut it off and it would not restart just cranked... got the car home checked to make sure it was fireing an dit is just fine... still just cranked nothing else.. so we used some starting fluid got it running again and drove it for about 30 mins shut it off and it just cranks again..so any chance of it being the control module on the distributor?? or what???

·
Registered
5 Posts
help

when we got it started car took the gas pretty good as i drove it home it started not taking the gas and popping through the intake, got it home shut it off and it would not start again,, we used starting fluid to get it started first, then it kept running......

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
it sounds like fuel to me, but it is hard to diagnose over the internet. If you have a fuel pressure gauge, check the pressure at idle, and then at WOT, i bet it drops by about 19 lbs. this is what i would check first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
help

could someone tell me what exactly the fuel pressure regulator does and if it was bad why would it run pretty good when we got it started tonight and then as i drove it started running worse like it wasnt getting no gas, then now it wont start, and what does the control module control on the dist......

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok changed teh fuel pressure regulator and had teh control module checked it was ok..car still just cranks wont start..fuel pump maybe??

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
you should be able to hear the fuel pump running for a second or two when you first turn the switch on. If it isn't, then the pump itself could be bad, or the fuel pump relay, or even the EEC relay.

·
Registered
342 Posts
check all your ignition stuff, cap rotor, plugs, wires, coil.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we have checked all thos einstalled new plugs checked to make sure it was fireing and everything..totally baffled now..

·
Registered
7 Posts
My fuel pump went bad and you could still hear it run. You need to check fuel pressure. When my pump went bad it was really noisy. Was more of a roar rather than whine.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fuel pressure is at 35 at idle....any more ideas what it could be car wont even start now just cranks is all...what could it be???

1 - 19 of 19 Posts