Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got brand new pi heads. are the cams already degreed? idk why but i put my engine in safe "mode" so all pistons were below deck and when i was turning the cams i found ptv clearance issues. i cant get the marks on my cam gears to match the timing guide picture either. im afraid i already bent some valves as the heads are already torqued on.

also if i set my engine to tdc according to my steeda undrive crank pully the keyway is not at 45 degrees counterclockwise from 12 o clock.

:confused:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
My instructions from my timing kit said that the crank gear mark is at 6, passenger side head is at 10:30 or so and drivers side head is at 1 or so. The dark links should line up with everything if its done right.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok get this. i did the procedure twice and the marks all lign up perfect and then once i rotate it 52 times they line up again so i know its right. but yet i hear noises, idk if its valves hitting pistons or what but i did not force it. also the passengers side timing chain gets loose and then tight and then loose and then tight and it slacks up the chain then tightens it again. the passenger side tensioner it half way out and the drivers side one is barely out with no slack.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
blackmustang09:

Check Nick McKinney's site, ModularHeadShop.com, and you will find a "how to degree a 2V cam" in the Articles section. He has an excellent write-up about PTV in the FAQ section, too.

(I replied your other thread before seeing this one.)

HTH,

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts