Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have JBA shorty headers that came with gaskets and header bolts. I will replace the bolts and want to possibly upgrade the gaskets as well since my mechanic want $500 just to install them. On stage 8's website they list this bolt set:

4.6 Liter Modular 8906 (16) 8mm-1.25x22mm bolts 6pt DHH

I have done searches and have found that some have found these bolts to be too short. Please help, I don't want to have to pay another $500 for a gasket change down the line. What are the best gaskets?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have heard many good things about the OEM exhaust gaskets. you might want to try them

·
Registered
156 Posts
Use new OEM gaskets. The Stage 8 worked fine for me. Had to cut one down to fit in one place.

Don't mess w/anything else, trust me, I had to redo my gaskets and bolts several times. Three to be exact, and that includes dropping the K-member. Three times. What a pain.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Get the Percy's Dead Soft Aluminum gaskets from Summit Racing. They are GUARANTEED to never blow. They are awesome gaskets. They actually bend and conform to the headers/flange. The $45 they cost is well worth it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I got the bolts ordered. I will order the Percy header gaskets also. They also make a 2.5" collector gasket, should I order these as well for the JBA shorties to Bassani X pipe connection?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts