Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started with my 87 notch stock main harness and and comp and changed over to a '93 harness and an A9L computer...well...now all of the sudden, the fuel pump doesnt kick on when i turn the key...car fired right up and died shortly after(very shortly after)...so im in deep and wiring is not my thing...so any help or suggestions would be appreciated ...thanx

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Um.. question for you..

how did you mate the 93 harness with the 87 body harness?

Your 87 has 2 circular plugs at the drivers side firewall.. the 93 has only one...

you need to either convert your 87 harness (EEC) or get an 89 one..

Adam

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yup... you need an '89 engine harness or an aftermarket MAF conversion kit.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i didnt have that problem...about having an extra round plug on the drivers side...i did have an extra 8-pin round plug right off the computer...two spares right outside the boot in the firewall, two more spares down near the MAF...but other than that everything mated just fine....and the car ran...so all i may need to fix is wiring up my fuel pump??....frankly...getting another harness is not an option

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just went out and looked...i have the two round plugs on the drivers side....the harnesses mated properly(the round black plug and the round grey plug...they mate fine) so apparently i got my year models incorrect...ive bought so many things recently...but anyhoo...now that that is aside...what else am i looking at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts