Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing research for my build. I have 68 fastback with a 351W, around 363 after machining. It produces around 400 HP with a redline of 7000 RPM. My transmission is a TKO-I (260 0708) which is listed for up to 425 lb-ft of torque but has the upgraded 26 spine input. I'm getting opinions on the myriad of clutches available. I will be using a manual clutch cable. What are the benefits of some of the more popular clutches such as the Spec, Cobra, Centerforce, etc. I am particularly interested in longevity (most important as I have a history of burning through clutches) and smoothness. Given this history I'm willing to spend within reason, maybe up to $600 so no $2k carbon steel clutches. My car will be a street/strip car.

Also any info/opinions on flywheel brands as well would be welcomed as well as need/benefit of a torque converter?

Thanks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My old mustang had 600 wheel hp and the centerforce dual friction held up fine for 30000 miles. Still worked perfect when I sold car. Super smooth and easy pedal push.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.