Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got sopme new mods planned but I can't decide on a few things.
Going to go with GT40 'Turbo-Swirl' heads from Ford Racing, an intake manifold, 70mm throttle body and cam.

Questions are:
Which flows better or would I notice a better gain from Cobra or GT40 intake?
Which cam, E303 or B303? Can I pass emissions with the B cam?

Any other opinions welcome.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
The GT40 actually flows slighly better than the cobra. Why go with a letter cam? Have you looked into crane's 2030 or 2031, or even a trick flow stage 1?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
have to agree there are plenty better cams than the letter cams, and you wil NEVER pass emissions with the Bcam. The Ecam will, however. The Gt-40 will out perform the cobra, unless of coarse you sink a ton of money into port work.

Auto or stick car? Sounds like you are going to be on shory headers with the emssions. I would probably go with a 65mm throttle body. Just food for thought and a ton will disagree...here comes the drama.......

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've found the GT40 does not out perform the Cobra. The Cobra even allows you to port upper if cut open or extrude hone it. The Cobra will save you money from not having to buy a EGR spacer as well. It's a much better deal. Everybody says to stay away from motorsport cams. They still work! I've ran low 12s using the Ecam, Cobra intake, with Edelbrock heads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to run long tubes, as long as I have cats I shoud pass the sniffer.
Stick car.

Really considering the TFS Stage 2 cam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts