Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new on this site. Sorry my bad English. i live in norway so..
having some q's about head choice.

I want my engine to make around 480-500hp.
Wanna buy a 347 stoker kit for it.

need help to get a good engine combo!
For the first i have looked into the trick flow 170 heads. Can they make 480+ hp in a High comp 347? thinking about Doug Herbert HYD.Roller cam?

i want to use this stroker kit if until any one tells my not to.

10485-SF-F347 - Ford 347 Dome Top +9.0cc Street Fighter Engine Kit

Dont have to much money for now. so i want to build the engine over a longer period.

The engine is going in a 1975 Ford pinto wagon.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Trick Flow TW 185 CNC heads.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Summit Racing: Trick Flow® Twisted Wedge® Track Heat® series cylinder heads are capable of producing 600 plus horsepower on naturally aspirated engines-the winningest head in NMRA racing. Twisted Wedge® Track Heat® heads so dominated that the NMRA saddled them with a weight penalty! Twisted Wedge® Track Heat® heads include all of the features of the famous Twisted Wedge® series heads, plus higher-rate valve springs (125 lbs. seat pressure at 1.780 in. installed height), 10 degree machined steel super locks, and manganese bronze guides to support camshafts of up to 0.600 in. lift when used with the proper pistons. Track Heat® 170 heads with Fast As Cast® runners are perfect for dual purpose street/strip cars and for racers looking for the best combination of performance and value. These heads feature cast intake and exhaust runners with Twisted Wedge® CNC-ported profiles. You get near CNC-ported power and performance for the price of ordinary cast heads. Twisted Wedge® Track Heat® series heads work with most OEM and aftermarket intake and exhaust manifolds/headers. The heads are ready for installation straight out of the box. They come with stainless steel valves (intakes are backcut), 1.460 in. dual valve springs, locks, retainers, ARP 7/16 in. rocker studs, and guideplates. Bare cylinder head castings are also available.

I am not NA, running a blower, but I am well past that with the 170 heads. The heads are capable for sure. There are other heads that can do better, blah, blah, blah......there always are. It comes down to personal choice, money to spend, and the overall combo. Just match everything together that is proven to work well together vs guessing. Lots of models/examples to show this on the internet.
Here is a 347 combo with both sets of heads: http://hotrod.automotive.com/131598/hrdp-1003-small-block-ford-heads/index.html

And moving on: The Twisted Wedge® 205 heads combine the proven power-building features of the Twisted Wedge® 170 heads with five-axis CNC-porting to give small block Fords an even bigger performance boost. When dyno-tested on a fuel injected 347 stroker mill, the Twisted Wedge® 205 heads made 50 more horsepower than the Twisted Wedge® 170 heads. That's power you can really feel! All Twisted Wedge series heads work with most OEM and aftermarket intake and exhaust manifolds/headers. I sure wish my car had these on it.

I have been checking this info out myself, cuz I may upgrade heads this winter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have money for the cnc heads.
does any have Dyno numbers with the 170 heads or the 190 fac heads?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
TFS 190 FAC's. Got mine new for under $1400.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try Chris at PowerAdder Solutions. He is a member here on the corral.
Where can i get a hold on him?
i live in norway.. and im new on this forum.
feeling helpless.. :p

with the same? what cam would be a good choice for a 347 with 11,7 comp and trickflow 190 FAC heads? using C4 trans with 3000 stall speed and 3.90 gears?

need help with this build :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still no respons back from him..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use ALOT of tfs heads BUT mine cost more than the regular ones as we use an entirely different valvespring package, which is much better. If chris cant help ya, let me know.
Thanx :)
may you give me a good cam and intake set up for this engine? :)

with the FAC 190 heads and 347 storker kit listed in the first post?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts