Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys

I have been contemplating getting rid of my 1989 Mustang GT Convertible for some time now but part of me doesnt want to see it go but the other part says its Time to move on. I have owned the car since 2004 and have taken great care of it and I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what it might be worth to sell as is or if I would be better off parting it out.

Details: Car Modifications
Motor/Trans
Brand New 331 Probe Stroker motor assembled by Moran Motorsports fully balanced haven't even broken in yet maybe driven 150 miles at the most, Trickflow Twisted Wedge Heads Milled for 10 1/2 Compression, Fully Ported and polished, Anderson Custom Cam,Trick Flow Track Heat Intake Ported to Match the Heads,75mm TB,30# Injectors with C&L MAF, New Wires and distributor,BBK Ceramic Coated LT Headers,BBK H pipe, Flowmaster 40 series Dumped,Aluminum Driveshaft,New Water Pump/Alternator,7qt morosso pan,High Volume oil Pump,walbro 255 fuel pump,3 core Radiator,New Battery,electric fan...... The whole works. Brand New D&D T-5 Transmission with 2.90 is gear and hardened syncros good for 500ftlbs trque,Steeda Tri ax shifter

Interior/Exterior

2001 Leather Cobra Seats,New Carpet,HD Radio,3 Gauges on the dash cowel(OIL,WATER,FUEL),cobra knob,proform shiftlight, 5 Lug conversion with 03 Cobra polished wheels,4 inch cowl hood,New clear headlights,foglights

I also have a set of subframe connectors that haven't been put on just sitting in the garage.

The car is leaking oil on the driverside only when it is under load cause it doesnt leak when it running in the driveway only when you go for a cruise and come back and I cant tell where it is coming from, also the car hasn't been tuned so I know that woud def help, I have just lost interest and dont want to sink anymore money into it at this point.

I was just wondering what you guys think I can get for this car as it sits? Also if It would be better to part the car out and put a stock motor in and try and sell it that way.

I will post some old pics I have of the car and try to get some newer ones.

Any Input would be greatly appreciated

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/aug2805028.jpg/
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/myvert006rxmkwt.jpg/
http://img32.imageshack.us/i/cruising8605008.jpg/

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Cash fo clunkers? Seriously you are no supposed to post classifieds in the Lounge. read the rules oh IBTL

·
15,492 Posts
Look in the Classifieds and see what comparable cars are going for.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cash fo clunkers? Seriously you are no supposed to post classifieds in the Lounge. read the rules oh IBTL
Funny I don't think I wanna get a new car just looking to sell, and I'm pretty sure this isn't a classified it is just an opinion I'm not trying to sell my car I was just seeing what you guys thought it was worth. I didnt want to list this post in the cars for sale section and get flamed, but aparently that happens everywhere now.

·
Premium Member
10,681 Posts
anything to do with "whats my car worth" or "i wanna sell my car" is taken as you posting a forsale ad.

that is all.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
anything to do with "whats my car worth" or "i wanna sell my car" is taken as you posting a forsale ad.

that is all.
Seriously what he said :lol:
for instance I am into building guns so lt see how that works for me.
$ 260 for the gun
$ 300+ forcustom stock
$ 300 for trigger
$ 200+ for barrel
$ 300 for scope
$ 150 scope mounts and bi pod
$ 50 charging handle
$ 70 custom bolt
$ 100 case

So I don't care if you put custom work into it and it better look like new you can get about 30% of what you put in. And I may have 10 or 12 of these great investment done already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts