Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently installed a trickflow stage 3 cam and now i can't seem to get my rocker arms to quiet down! They are noisy!
My engine specs are as follows: A fresh shortblock (less than 5k miles)306, trw .30 over forged pistons, stock stroke, balanced, arp everything, Dart sr alum heads (ported), 7/16 adjustable studmount Proform 1.6 roller rockers, Lunati double springs, locks, retainers, Ferrera valves, cam specs are: 236/248 duration @.50 .574 intake valve, and.595 exhaust valve lift. LSA is 110.
Cam was installed straight up.
It sounds as if the rocker arms are hitting the valve covers- but i know they are not cuz i got Edelbrock Elite tall ones. I've heard that all stud mount roller rocker arms are noisy to a certain extent
but they shouldn't be this loud!:mad: I DID change over from a comp cams 274HR cam and the rocker arms were nowhere near this noisy when i was using that cam!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are your springs able to handle that much lift?
My TFS heads are noisy as heck tooand I can't get them quiet either. I think it's the stud mount rockers. Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
springs

after looking at my springs, i don't think they are strong enough.
The springs i have on there are single with a damper and from what i've read those will only handle up to a .500 lift- no matter who the manufacturer. So i'm gonna order a set of comp cams .600 lift dual springs from summit tomorrow.
Just for kicks, i'll post up the results later this week..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts