Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im porting my e7 heads. all stock springs an hardware are off. I am ordering the trick flow spring kit to run with a tfs stage 1 cam. what is stock installed height and pressure? Im also not understanding the whole shim idea. tf springs say 110 lbs at 1.8 installed hieght. is that from head seat to retainer. if i make that 1.8 will the pressure be right and will the keepers be in the right spot. im so confused?

please help:confused:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
i jsut put some on my E7's...still ahvent even ran the car since i put them on. do a search for trick flow springs and ull find myy thread

·
Registered
498 Posts
I am in the same place as yourself alan50gt. I received my trick flow spring kit the other day. Its pretty straight forward, and everything is marked, easy to understand instructions included. For your question, you install the correct retainer (specific to either intake or exhaust valve, they are marked), with locks without a spring, pull up on the valve holding it up, there is a metal rod that is 1.8" you place it between the retainer and spring seat and add shims (included) as necessary. Don't worry about, you'll see its fairly straight forward. Good luck

357f-150

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
just out of curiosity how many shims did you end up using? If i remmber right i used a silver one almost all and a black one with it. i think a couple i used jsut a black one, or 1 silve and 2 black.

just wondering if ours compare :)

oh and also the valve stem protector seal tool didnt fit over the valves on mine.. the seals look pretty cheap..the little white plastic inserts in them slip out easily..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well, I haven't installed them yet. I am waiting for a break in the cold weather and the cam. Shouldn't be too long though, if I remember when I do it, I will try and find this thread and let you know, or just pm me in a month or so if you would still like to know.

357f-150

1 - 5 of 5 Posts