Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T5 has started leaking pretty bad. I can't tell where from do to all the fluid evrywhere. It is somewhere between the collector (BBK longtubes) and the crossmember on the driver side. I thought it was the speed sensor but not 100% sure. I might have to drop the tranny and degrease it and hope to see a tell tale sign. My guess would be that it is coming directly above the collector since it appears that fluid had been possibly leaking (dripping) on the spot and getting burned onto it for some time now and finally let go completely. I think the crossmember got soaked from driving and the air blowing it back.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice.

I'm gonna go out there now and remove the speed sensor and back up switch. I guess I will start with the easy stuff instead of dropping the tranny. I'll replace those two and see what happens.

Do I replace the lost fluid with ATF or Penzoil Synchromesh?

I will also wrap the collector with header wrap to hopefully prevent this from happening agin IF it is one of the 2 sensors.

Wish me luck :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.