Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 90GT won't start at ALL. When I turn the key to START my car looses ALL POWER. No cranking, no solinoid clicking, nothing. Even the DOOR AJAR bell stops. I've replaced the battery. Same problem. Even the radio looses it's settings. The dome light, and engine bay lights are REALLY dim all the time. All connections look secure. After reviewing the CHILTONS, I think it's the starter relay. Does this sound resonable? ANY help/suggestions would be appreciated. I don't believe it's the charging system or the starter (no previous problems starting the vehicle) Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Check the battery terminals, alot of times what happens is they build up corrosion real slowly and your car will run fine till one day it just gives up out of the blue. If so, replacing the battery doesn't fix it cuz the corrosion is on the terminals (on the cables). The inside of the terminals and sides of the battery posts should be shiny, if not, use a terminal/post cleaner or scrape them off with a jackknife if you don't have one.

This solves the problem 99% of the time, can't think what else could be wrong other than a rusted grounding cable somewhere.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a similar problem and ended up curing it by cleaning all the connections from the battery-solenoid-starter and the ground. Same symptoms as you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts