Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to get the panel off when there are manual windows? Pleeeeeeease????

Thank you!

Cindy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
what exactly is the problem? manual windows- there is a clip behind the handle that you need a tool to take off with. or you can just work it with som needlenose pliers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Manual windows,I thought all 94 up came w/ pwr. options (except Cobra R)? Anyways, just use a tool or little screwdriver to pry off the handle, that is how it was for my truck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<ENVENOMED> said:
Manual windows,I thought all 94 up came w/ pwr. options (except Cobra R)? Anyways, just use a tool or little screwdriver to pry off the handle, that is how it was for my truck
I think '96 was the last year with non-power options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
96BluOvl said:
what exactly is the problem? manual windows- there is a clip behind the handle that you need a tool to take off with. or you can just work it with som needlenose pliers.
You mean a clip between the handle and door panel, or clip behind the panel only? The problem lies in the handle itself; we can't seem to pry the panel off as it seems to be held on by the window handle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
behind the center section of the window crank, there is a "c" clip holding it onto the crank post. There is a special tool you can pick up at most auto parts stores for around 5 beans. It kinda looks like a very flat fork. Or, like he said, a pair of needle nose pliers works too.

As far as the 94-up all having power windows, in 96 ford (team mustang actually) wanted to boost sales even more, and going back to the LX theme, of a high-power, low option, light weight drag racer, they omitted some items. It's really a rare car to have, as most enthusiasts realized that the power windows and such only added about 10 pounds total. Now if it does not have A/C, power locks, the black tail light bezels, and basically no options, leave it alone!!!!! Don't molest the car, as it will be worth more further down the road, for the rarity of the car. Sorry, but I don't have my special books here in San Diego, but if you remind me next month, I'll be back home in P.cola, and I can get you the total number of cars produced like yours.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Control said:
behind the center section of the window crank, there is a "c" clip holding it onto the crank post. There is a special tool you can pick up at most auto parts stores for around 5 beans. It kinda looks like a very flat fork. Or, like he said, a pair of needle nose pliers works too.:D
Yeah, at MOST auto parts stores! Seems in my area things are more difficult to find. It wasn't until recently I learned that K-mart is supposed to carry LEVI'S! Our K-mart sure doesn't. :)

As far as the 94-up all having power windows, in 96 ford (team mustang actually) wanted to boost sales even more, and going back to the LX theme, of a high-power, low option, light weight drag racer, they omitted some items. It's really a rare car to have, as most enthusiasts realized that the power windows and such only added about 10 pounds total. Now if it does not have A/C, power locks, the black tail light bezels, and basically no options, leave it alone!!!!! Don't molest the car, as it will be worth more further down the road, for the rarity of the car. Sorry, but I don't have my special books here in San Diego, but if you remind me next month, I'll be back home in P.cola, and I can get you the total number of cars produced like yours.

:D [/B]


Cool. But my car does have A/C. No power locks, though, and no power seat, and no black tail light bezels. It does have a spoiler with a brake light in it?? Very strange, but I guess it was added on at some point. I bought the car used. It always felt very strong to me, like it had more power than it should...but after driving a '97 Taurus, a Geo Metro might feel powerful! ;-)

Cindy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Where the heck is Humbolt County, CA?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top