Ford Mustang Forums banner

Help Pls! Low rpm shaking and surging.

677 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  EJB98GT 
#1 ·
I get a rough idle and major engine vibration, surging, and hesitation at anything below 2k rpms :mad:
I cant remember the exact codes I pulled from the CEL, but a couple friends said the codes were related to the Coolant Temp Sensor. So I replaced that and the thermistat with no improvement. Any idea want myight be causing this...TPS , Idle Speed Control, fuel problem? I have had the problem for about 1 full month now and a few tanks of gas.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 ·
Have you been working under the hood lately? Changed anything? Chances are good that it is either a loose/bad spark plug wire or a broken or disconnected vacumn line (or other vacumn leak).

Happy hunting!

#4 ·
EJB98GT said:
Nope, have not done any work lately on the car. I will check all the wires and lines again just in case though. Wouldn't a vacumn leak or a none functioning plug wire through a specific code though?
No it probably won't. I just fixed my stumbling problem today hopefully. The car had major vacuum problems, cracked lines, lower manifold not torqued properly, etc. Car hesitated alot down low and would produce lean backfires through the intake.

Resealed everything, car runs good so far.

Oh, and no codes shown.

Greg

#5 ·
mustanggreg said:

No it probably won't. I just fixed my stumbling problem today hopefully. The car had major vacuum problems, cracked lines, lower manifold not torqued properly, etc. Car hesitated alot down low and would produce lean backfires through the intake.

Resealed everything, car runs good so far.

Oh, and no codes shown.

Greg
Good to here. I will check all the lines and pull the plugs too. Thanks for the help you two :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.