Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car back together, damn thang will not start. Battery is fine starter lead is connect right. There is nothing, pump comes on. Will not even try turn over. The only thing that I did not put back was a bar that went to lower to upper an the back of intake. Any insight? I know it something simple that I am missing. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
i need help!!2

hey whats up,my name is nick and i have a similiar problem,i yanked my motor out and bored it etc,before i pulled it every thing was fine[electrical] but when i installed it back in the damn fuel pump doesnt want to come on, i pulled the pump out of the tank and put my battery to it and it spurted fuel like no tommorow,the pump is brand new, i changed the relay under the drivers seat and still no power to the pump, then for ****s and giggles i pulled the wire from the coil to the cap and rolled it over jumping the silinoid and i had no spark ,but,when i pulled the little plug out of the distributer i get a spark, i checked the strap to the back of the driver side head,its snug and the one on the back of the intake is snug as well,i have no clue what is wrong,any insite would greatly be appreciated,thanks for your time...:confused:

·
Registered
320 Posts
starter solinoid. i just put my engine back together, i had the same problem.

also, for the fuel pump, there is an orange connecter in your engine compartment, on the driverside near the firewall, make sure that is attached, and of course, check your starter solinoid

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barney50 what strap on intake are you talking about. Are you talking about the bar on the back of the intake. It will not fit my TFS track heat. Too tall

·
Registered
131 Posts
There's a single wire with a 90 deg boot that connects to the starter solenoid. This supplies voltage from the starter circuit. It slips over the post on the solenoid. Is there voltage on it when the key is turned to the the start position? The solenoid itself must be case-grounded through one of it's sheet-metal mounting screws. Some stangers have painted or otherwise not mounted and grounded these and have similar probs.

Good Luck
AJ

·
Registered
9 Posts
problem solved!!!!!!

after all the b.s i went threw checking all the relays and checking voltage at diffrent locations the problem turned out to be the starter silinoid wire ,it was so corroded that it simply tore apart,i was going threw all the connectios at the sili,checking all the wires and it was the last one i checked and bam split in half,its always the stupidest thing that you never think of the ends up kicking your ass,but i refused to throw in the towel, i love my stang to much,thank you to all that have helped with there insight i GREATLY aprreciate it, life begins at 200 m.p.h.:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts