Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a powerdyne (complete including FMU, and 190lph pump) It has maybe 10k on it, and the head unit needs a good rebuild. 2 of the fins on the impeller are dammaged.

What is this thing worth? how much should I ask for it?

its the bd10 unit

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have a simular situation myself. The bad news is Powerdyne won't just sell the impellar without them rebuilding the head unit. Of course that will cost between $275 - $500.

To be honest I don't think its worth to much. I know I tried selling mine and never got any replies.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
What are you guys asking for these units? I have a NOS kit I'd be willing to exchange for the head unit.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David1969 said:
What are you guys asking for these units? I have a NOS kit I'd be willing to exchange for the head unit.

Thanks,
David
I have the complete kit with brackets,pulleys, hoses, bolts...etc.. for a 94-95 mustang. I'm not sure how much its worth.. but im open to offers

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have no idea on what to offer for a broken powerdyne. The money it will take to fix is at least a few hundred, so hopefully i can save a few bux by buying the broken one and savings some funds until i can repair it. I have a NOS kit to trade and probably some $.

Please let me know what you'd take for it. Feel free to send me a PM when you get an idea. Thanks again, David

:)

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
i had a guy try and sell me 2 complete powerdyne kits for 800 and both of them WORKED!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brad said:
i had a guy try and sell me 2 complete powerdyne kits for 800 and both of them WORKED!
thats a smoking deal. there was nothing wrong? 2 kits for 800 total? WOW

I'm thinking of just selling this head unit as is. and buying a good headunit, and selling it.

I dont need it, I have an S-trim making 12psi on mine

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Fake94Saleen said:
thats a smoking deal. there was nothing wrong? 2 kits for 800 total? WOW
i dont know what the deal was on them.. he said they both would work.. but more than likely it would take both kits to make one runable unit..

i had run an add saying i wanted a used S-trim. he called me up and said he had 2 superchargers.. i went to his house.. and he showed me the powerdyne's.. i then asked him if he had read my article and it clearly said S-trim.. he told me that he read it and thougt i might be interested in his powerydyne instead. i politely asked him "so i drove 2 hours to look at an S-trim u didnt have?"

i laughed at him and kept saying over and over.. they're powerdynes... lol

·
Registered
746 Posts
I would guess a broken powerdyne kit would be worth 600, maybe a little more. Powerdyne put an impeller in mine (BD11) for only 200 including shipping. They wanted to put bearings and belt and charge an additional 480 but I told them no very specifically. Unless it's a BD11A they have to have an old used impellar lying around or they won't fix it at all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still have this for sale.. I had a deal pending.. i know its been SEVERAL months.. but if anyones interested.. I'd like $500 for it. I'll entertain trades, but the only problem is.. I've been burnt before with trades.. so the only way I'll accept a trade, is if what you're offering is sent to me first. I can provide references and any other info you need.

so.. any offers/trades?

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Powerdyne quoted me (today) $700 (+ or -) for a "rebuild", plus shipping to and from California. They also said be very careful buying a damaged blower, and that if whatever destroyed the impeller did any other damage, like to the volute, or anything, it was worthless.....I appreciated their honesty...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When i phoned, they said $570 usd plus shipping to get a new impeller, bearings and belt.

if you wanted them just to install the impeller, it'd be 200, and then you could buy your own bearings/belt for 130 on ebay.
i assure there is nothing else wrong.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't criticizing your blower or price. Just sharing what I found today via direct email from Powerdyne.

But I do know that unless the blower's been disassembled and visually checked internally, there's no way you can assure that nothing else is wrong. Figuring a grand or so for what you have, plus the rebuilt head unit from Powerdyne, it's still a good deal for someone.

Good Luck to you...:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have the internals opened.. thats how i know the condition of it all..

I figure blowe r+ $570 for a brand new blower basically. And they were also going to upgrade it to the BD11a for that price.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Hey man i am interested in the blower kit. PM me and let's try and work something out with it. Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
rel3rd.... they told you that for you can buy a new one from them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm going to have to say its sold. I got a call today from a guy who is going to send me a moneyorder for it. i'll post back if nothing happens.

thx

1 - 20 of 20 Posts