Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just was wondering if you all could set me up with some links with good pics and history on the 87-93 saleens . i have been on a couple sites but none have been that great in showing what types of wheels and badges they use threw out the different years . i am builing a clone and would like to make it as close to the real deal as posible being im a poor person and cant aford the real thing . any good links or pics would be greatly apreiceated !!! thanks , jay @ [email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't approve of clones but doing a search for saleen on eBay Motors should get you some pics, at least there were some last time I looked.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEA I KNOW CLONING IS BAD BUT I LOVE THESE CARS SO MUCH BUT I COULD NEVER AFFORD ONE THOUGH. SO I HAVE TO DO THE NEXT BEST THING AND MAKE MY OWN. ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY LINKS OR PICS ?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
caps not apprecieated...

your building yourself a car that people dream of owning without having to payout what others are giving for an original. You think the owners of original cars appreciate a "poser" in their exclusive club?

I dont have a problem with people making use of tried and true designs personally but I can see where collectors would.

Did you honestly think that everyone would be ok with you building a clone and trying to pass it off as the real thing? Get real bro (no pun intended):rolleyes:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think replicas or clones are great as long as your honest about their authenticity.

There is nothing wrong with making your car the way you want it including making it look like a Saleen if it's not.

The problem with buying the real thing is the higher price and collectability. Would collectors rather see someone chop up an original Saleen because they want the look but want to modify it to their taste? Most clearly would not.

Don't pretend that your car is something that it is not and build it the way you like it.

Rick

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
nothing wrong with a clone at all.

unless you try to pass it off as the real thing.

i dont see why some of you people are sh*tting on this guy for trying to make a car that looks like a saleen.

good luck.

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
moving this to the correct forum...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mavrick said:
nothing wrong with a clone at all.

unless you try to pass it off as the real thing.

i dont see why some of you people are sh*tting on this guy for trying to make a car that looks like a saleen.

good luck.
AMEN!! If you want to make it look like a Saleen go ahead!! I though about it more than once. That is probably the only kit I would put on my car. the rest of the aftermarket stuff looks like ****. Remember guy's...we are talking about a car here...." Four wheels and a F***'in seat" :lol: "Train Planes and Automobiles." I could'nt resist. Give the guy a break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts