Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I need some advice. My niece has a 2000 Mustang 3.8 V6 with a 5-speed. She wants more rumble out of the exhaust (V8 rumble, to be precise). She has no plans to build the engine up but will leave it entirely stock. WHAT ARE YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR AN AFTERMARKET EXHAUST?? She has $375-400 to spend. American Thunder or 40 series, Mac Flowpaths, ect??????
With limited funds, an h-pipe is probably out of the question (as with a loss of torque). Cat back will probably be the mostly likely choice. Please help..
Thanks. [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
MAC makes a nice bolt-up kit for the V6. If she's not planning to do any engine work, that would be perfect. Many would disagree, but honestly, I'm very happy with mine. It bolts up directly to the Y-pipe and comes out into two 2 1/2 inch chrome tips. Easy to do. Only about $300.00. Check out their website:

http://macperformance.com

Heres a direct link to the exhaust:

V6 Exhaust

Part# TK3801

·
Registered
250 Posts
if you dont care about performance or what not get soem system that just bolts in and HAS STAINLESS STEEL polished exhasut tips DO NOT get chrome they will rust and look liek crap in no time (probably a matter of a couple weeks)

·
Registered
4 Posts
call some muffler shops around the area and ask for dual 2 1/4 inch exhaust with Dynomax Super turbo mufflers. I would put 2 1/2 inch mufflers on because it sounds deeper at low end and doesn't rice out at high RPM's. I stumbled upon this combo and the muffler shop said that it turned out to be a real good setup. the cost is about $150 to $175 for the mufflers and another $175 to $225 for the pipes, tips and install.....within your range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts