Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an F4 block(roller). I am going with a 393 but I want to have around 9:0 compression. I know if I use stock rods and 302 pistons I will be well above that compression correct? I know the block needs boring. I would like to use AFR heads 185 or 205 but I may use a set of gt-40 heads. I am leaning towards the TFS#2 cam. I have a used gt-40 lower coming also. I know the intake and heads aren't optimum but it will let me get the motor in the car and running until I can afford the "right parts". Does anyone know what pistons I should get and how to order them? Anything I should change(besides lower intake and heads)?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
There are a couple different ways for you to do it but...

If you're going the stock rod way your stock 302 pistons will be far higher than what you can run with boost. Besides boring, the block will most likely need to have the rest of the block work as well, decking, align honing, crack checked, ect. If you're using the stock 351w rods upgrade to ARP bolts and have them resized.

You're going to need a big dished piston which can be sourced from a number of places including; Ross, JE, Wiseco, and a handful of other specialty piston manufacturers but it won't be cheap.

Hope that helps,

Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.