Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Anyone have the limit specs on the rear main/flywheel flange diameter? I don't see it listed in my service manual. The crank has been ground before and one of the main reasons the engine came out was to fix the rear main seal leak that I haven't been able to solve.

It appears that that flange has also been polished to maybe take out a groove from prior seals. The new seals fit very loose over the flange. So I need to determine if I need to look for a new crank. I'm not interested in using a repair sleeve.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
What valve covers are you guys running that will clear stud mount rockers and the GT40 intake?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
You are talking about the factory aluminum fox valve covers? Since mine is a cobra I have the stamped steel covers and they are a long ways from fitting. Using factory ones would be great since I want to keep the oil fill tube and I don't want to have to run an intake spacer with taller covers.

·
Registered
11,052 Posts
You are talking about the factory aluminum fox valve covers? Since mine is a cobra I have the stamped steel covers and they are a long ways from fitting. Using factory ones would be great since I want to keep the oil fill tube and I don't want to have to run an intake spacer with taller covers.
Yes, the stock aluminum 5.0 valve covers........

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I'm having a hard time finding a pushrod length that provides a nice narrow pattern on the valve tip. Any recommendations or should I look at buying different rockers?

AFR165 Heads
XE266 Cam
Comp Cast Aluminum Stud Mount Rockers 1.6
FEL-8548PT2 Head Gasket .047" Compressed Thickness
Hydraulic Lifters converted to solid for measuring
Unknown deck height, I didn't have block decked. It is a new-to-me used block

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Circle

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
What strokeme said. My rockers are modified just like this.

Reactions: Cougar5.O
61 - 68 of 68 Posts