Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ...Only symptoms the car is showing is a slightly up and down idle(maybe in a 100 rpm range.This idle ONLY happens when the stang is cold.As soon as she reaches anywhere near normal temp,she is as smooth as a baby's butt.Even the shaky cold idle has almost vanished after I did a fairly good tune-up(Motorcraft plugs gap 50,FMS new wires,cap+rotor,oil+filter,air filter,PCV,cleaned out the throttle body and IAB very well).

The only thing I haven't done yet is change the fuel filter..

I bought a actron scanner to see what codes I have if any and here are the results...

KOEO:

code 11 is all I got...system pass right?

KOER:

Code 94:

Thermactor Air system - Problem on the right bank (passenger)
Or,Transaxle Problem-shift solenoid 1 (SS1) circuit failure..

Code:44

Problem in Thermactor air control system.

Code: 21Engine coolant temperature sensor (ECT) signal voltage: out of range,not at normal operating temperautre or loss of signal.

or,electronic distributorless ignition system (EDIS) fault-problems with crankshaft position sensor(CPS) circuit.

Now I don't know what the first part means on Code 94 and the second part to code 94 applies to auto trannys?Or does it apply to T5s as well?(I have a 5 speed)...The tranny will give a slight grind in 1st and 2nd if driving at lower RPMs (very granny style),could this be related to the shift solenoid? :confused:

Code 44 is obviously related to 94 I think...

and code 21 only happened because I started the first test with the car cold....when I repeated the tests with the car up to norm temp,there was no more code 21...

Thanks for your help and patience people,but if you don't ask you never learn right? ;) -Milt

·
Registered
144 Posts
Codes 44 and 94 are classic smog codes. Is your smog pump still hooked up? Could be related to your rolling idle...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where exactly would it be located and what would it look like :D ...my GT has a salvage title and it suffered front end collision so I don't know if it has been removed or not....so,with this being my first 5.0,I'm still getting familiar with the layout.....Thanks for the reply though -Milt

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where exactly would it be located and what would it look like
The pump itself is located in the front left side of the engine bay, directly under the alternator. The rest of the smog equipment will be located beside the passenger side valve cover, conveniently getting in the way of your spark plugs. If you're missing this stuff, then that explains the codes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bud92GT said:

The rest of the smog equipment will be located beside the passenger side valve cover, conveniently getting in the way of your spark plugs.
Heh...I noticed that when changing the plugs out the other day.. ;)

Would these codes cause any performance issues?Or just pollution inspection issues?Thanks for all your help man...it is really appreciated..-Milt

·
Registered
144 Posts
Would these codes cause any performance issues?Or just pollution inspection issues?
I removed all of my smog stuff a while back, haven't seen any negative effects on performance, and I pass PA smog (no dyno).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.