Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a seriously annoying chirp in my Saleen going down the road. Above say 10mph, the car sounds like a f***ing bird or something!!!! Its driving me to drink!!!!!!

I think I have narrowed it down to the area right behind the left front wheel, where the Saleen side skirt meets the bottom of the fender. I have tried spraying the area with silicon lubricant, and its seems to calm down for a bit, but never very long.

Any suggestions, short of checking the damned thing into a body shop? I need to kill this chirp. No mustang should sound like a canary.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used to have a 96 GT that had a terrible chirp. Mine was the rear brake lines just in front of the rear wheels, there are clips and retainers that keep the lines in place. Spray a little wd40 in those retainers. The lines move a little on every bump which causes the chirp. hope that helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hate squeeks too, and from what you described, it sounds like the body kit is rubbing on something since the silicone spray calms it down temporarily. Can the lower portion of the body kit be removed easliy? I'm not sure if it is installed with adhesive strips, screws, or both. Can you push on or move the piece around before you spray it again to see if you can make it squeek? If so, it may have to be removed and something inserted between it and the lower body to keep the pieces from rubbing. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts