Ford Mustang Forums banner

Help me get traction with my 98 cobra vert

418 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Steve Dohoney 
#1 ·
I have a 98 cobra vert with the usual boltons...Flos,off r h,kn,410s,steeda ta,pullies,shifter and good tires.What can help me the best for 60ft besides practice.Will subframes help much???Any good info will be appreciated.Best 60ft was only 2.13 on 5 runs to date.

#2 ·
A set of ET Streets is what you need.

I have a best of 1.62 with a set of 10" ET Drags and some suspension work and 4.56 gear in a vert. But that is at altitude and the second time out with the live axle. I am hoping for 1.5x in the 'vert.

Joe Lynch

#3 ·
I have the nitto streets,but had only one run with them.What do you launch at and are there any other good suspension mods that will help alot.This may be a stupid question but what do you mean by live axle and what would that cost for me for parts and install.What kind of gain would I get with a live axle in the quarter?What are coilovers ,I saw someone on here who said they can drop a 160 lbs off.Is that true and if so whats the cost for those plus install?

#4 ·
Live axel is another term for solid axel which your car has. Joes car came with IRS or independant rear suspension. The IRS isnt condusive yo drag racing so many 99+ owners swap. For you sticky tires, good driving and maybe some good rear control arms is all it will take

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.