Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to put all my leftover parts on my 95GT and am trying to decide which intake to buy. The rotating assy. is stock, Wolverine WG5104, TFS TW heads, Hooker shorties, 2 1/2 H pipe, 1.6 ratio roller rockers and 65mm T body. I do not really like the Cobra but I am still considering it. Also who has the best price on these intakes?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You could also have the Cobra intake cut open, ported and rewelded. I had this done and removed the upper weld marks. It was funny having people complement me on how good my car ran with a Cobra intake. If im not mistaken it will flow as well as The TFS or Performer once the runners are cleaned up. The inside of these intakes are a MESS!! Just an Idea??:)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well all of these intakes have little problems as cast. I have had both a TFS street heat and track heat, Niether of these intakes fit real well. And now to the Edelbrock Performer I have No experience with their efi intakes, But all of their carbed intakes I have owned fit excellent.

Thx

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am very pleased with the Street Heat. It made a very nice torque curve on the dyno. I figured with TFS heads, might as well get a TFS intake also. I bought the intake from JD's Performance, www.jdsperformance.com , for $365. That's cheaper than Cobra intake and it flows better. My $.02

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry LEE, for some reason I thought you alreasy had the Cobra??:eek: The Edelbrock intake is a good intake as is the TFS. Both will perform well. Also the Edelbrock is the top selling intake at Summit racing, so Im sure it will do you a good job.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason I like the Cobra is for its direct bolt on ability. I like the Edelbrock intakes from previous dealings. The TFS intakes werent that bad just took a little machine work to make em fit right. But I have never installed any of these on an SN95 which I am about to do. All of my experience with these intakes have been on fox bodies, So I am unsure as to what clearance issues I am going to have.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Lee8995 said:
The only reason I like the Cobra is for its direct bolt on ability. I like the Edelbrock intakes from previous dealings. The TFS intakes werent that bad just took a little machine work to make em fit right. But I have never installed any of these on an SN95 which I am about to do. All of my experience with these intakes have been on fox bodies, So I am unsure as to what clearance issues I am going to have.

What kind of machining did you have to do on the TFS to get it to fit? I've got a street heat sitting here waiting for installation when I can finally get the time. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both of the TFS lower intakes I have installed were too wide so i had to machine the lower intake to cyl head surfaces for a propper fit and alignment ports.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts