Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS I NEED HELP IM GONNA INSTALL SUM EQUAL L/ SH. HEADERS NEED ALL THE ADVISE I CAN GET, IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO TAKE THE UPPER INTAKE OFF & MASTER CYL FOR THE DRIVER SIDE , ON THE PASS. SIDE HEADER IT HAS AN OUTLET THAT HOOKS UP TO THE EGR , IS IT A MUST TO HOOK THIS BACK UP???
iM ALSO GONNA INSTALL AN OFF R/H PIPE DO I NEED A SPECIAL CROOS MEMEBER??? PLEASE HELP A STANGER BROTHER OUT, ALL ADVISE WELCOME.......:confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
The intake and master cylinder do not have to come. It would free up space, but not worth it IMO. Do what you feel necessary on MC, but definatly not take the intake off for header install. Normal stuff like pulling plugs so you don't crack 'em, un hook battery, I know many people people don't mess with that, but power also goes to that relay box, where you'll be using wrenches close to it. You HAVE to hook up the EGR because that would be like poking a whole in a tube, and you would have a leak. People with some types of long tubes have to leave it off, lol. Getting it off can be a pain, I broke a crows foot wrench trying, Ford doesn't play when those go on. Other than that, take your time threading the new bolts, all you need is to cross one if you know what I mean. Allow yourself plenty of time because Equals are tougher than regular shorties, but still not impossible for first timer. Good luck, and try not to bust too many knuckles:) .

·
Registered
590 Posts
Header Install

When I put my shorties in, I took out the dipstick tube and discoed my brake lines from the master cylinder. It really made it alot easier to manuver. Definitly disco the battery! I didn't and shorted to ground once. Hope this helps. Oh and spend the money on good header gaskets. I used the paper ones and had to swap them out in a month because of leakage. And take it easy on the EGR line, I cracked mine. If you do break it, go to the hardware store and buy some copper tubing and have them flare the end. You can bend it with a little heat from a blow torch. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts