Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to start my 89 stang last night and my fuel pump didnt come on. I also have my electric fan on it and it doesnt come on either. It has done this before, but came on later. I have changed all of the normal relays,(inertia,EEC,and the one Im talking about). I dont know what to to for it anymore. Any helpo is greatly appreiciated. Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
The fuel pump is also connected to the selonoid. Check to see if the connection is still there.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I assume you mean starter relay, as thats whats on the drivers side fender with all the wires going to it. THe fuel pump relay is located under your drivers seat. Check the power wire going to the relay, it should go right there from your battery with the thick red cable, then everything feeds off that connection. Make sure your connections are good and take care of oxidation.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Had same problem on my 87.There is a Black wire with pink stripe if my memory is correct that connects at starter relay.It powers the fuel pump circuit.It and the others there have a fuse link.My link was fine but underside of wire between fuse link and starter relay had a small burned spot.It was burnt thru,cut it and fuse link out and replaced with new link and problem solved...good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts