Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Vendor
13,598 Posts
Is the crank cast? Scat has a part number on the face of the crank and also right behind the front counterweight. RPM's name is laser etched on the face of the front counterweight ONLY on there steel internal cranks. The cast cranks have no marking other than HM.

· Vendor
13,598 Posts
I do not know.It was supposed to be a scat cast crank.Will all scat cranks have their name on the face?Both cast and forged.I told the scat rep it was supposed to be a 9000 series.The scat rep said it would have their name.This is a 4 inch stroke.Since it is not I am just curious to what it is.

This crank does have a HM on the outer part of the front weight.

Woody,with your DIY kits do you check the clearances between the bearings and mains and already have them matched?Or would I most likely need to buy 001 bearings for a build?What is the wait time for a 408w DIY kit?
Here is a scat 4.00 inch cast, notice the name on the front c weight.
I am buried under engines, DIY's depending on availability are 4 weeks easily. The customer is responsible for ring gap and bearing clearances. If you need bearings, call me and I will sell them to the customer for cost.

· Vendor
13,598 Posts
Its NOT a scat crank, thats not even in question anymore. Its IDENTICAL to an rpm cast crank. You can tell because the crank you have is based off a cleveland crank, just by looking at the counterweight in the picture. All that aside, if you paid for a scat cast crank you did NOT receive a scat crank. The rod is an rpm lite weight I beam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts