Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE!! what am i doing wrong. i have a 94cobra and want a 11sec. n/a 351w.
combo so far:
351w lightning short block (rebuilt,standard bore)
stock pistons
roller cam i had lying around
duration 214 @ 50in./ 222 @ 50ex. lift 517in/354ex
edelbrock victor jr. heads(out of the box)
trickflow r 351efi manifold
75mm t/b
sn95 elbow ported to 75mm(70mm on intake side)
hooker 1 5/8 shorty headers(the only ones i could find for a sn95 351w swap)
mac cold air/stock mass air meter (soon to be 80mm pro-m)
24lb injectors (soon to be 30's)
so far i have gone [email protected] i think this is pretty slow, as i was expecting a little more. what kind of times/hp does your 351w combo put out. PLEASE HELP BEFORE MY WIFE DIVORCES ME FOR RAIDING OR SAVINGS FOR A S/C.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Your headers are small, your cam sucks for a fast 351W, and you probably have really low compression.

I don't know **** about FI.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Like what was already said, you're lacking in:
1. Cam
2. Header size
3. compression

I'm running a 240/231 degree duration cam with about .580/.550 lift, including 1.72 rockers in my car. It idles fairly nicely around 1000-1200rpm right now, with a carb.

I haven't looked for SN95 swap headers, but I wouldn't think they'd be too terribly different from Fox ones, you want to get yourself some 1 3/4" longtubes.

The compression is probably in the low to mid 9's, you want to get that up to at least 10:1, I'm running about 10.55:1

I'd say the main thing right now killing you is that cam. Its really small for a 351, especially with Vic jr heads. I'd look into the Xtreme Energy cams, maybe a 274 or so.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops, misprint on cam specs. lift # are 517in & 534ex.
does this make ant diffrence? when i choose a cam, what am i looking for? also how big can i go with the stock pistons? when i installed the heads measured piston to valve clearence and there was a ton of more room to grow. like i said i had this cam already and when i was putting the engine together i was straped for cash. any help would be appreciated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts