Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Bassani X w/ cats and 8 year old Dynomax Super Turbos. This set up sounds great from outside, but it's killing me at 1900rpm. Please help...
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Oh yea. Old Dynomaxs drone like a SOB. Mine were 8 years when the flow tube rotted off. When the Dynomaxs hit their peak level they were as loud as the MACs I have now. The MACs are louder through more of the RPM range. Dynomax did taper down in noise right above and below that peak level.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Full length headers will kill alot of the drone, regardless of what mufflers you decide to use. They're much better for power too. Now would be a good time to step up.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Another vote for Full length headers!

·
Registered
186 Posts
sorry, but its a SMALL BLOCK FORD!!!!!!!!!!

They all do this regardless of exhaust or mufflers, trust me. Ive had 260s, 289s and 302s, they all drone. Get used to it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I disagree. The 302 in my Torino doesn't drone at all. It is loud as hell however (outside the car):) 2.25" dual, no H-pipe, and Thrush Turbo Tubes. The engine is a stock '72 2bbl. I have gone on lots of trips with it that involve driving it for 8+ hours straight and am never annoyed by it. That one's my show car, so it has to sound nice but doesn't have to be fast. I got the Mustang to fill the speed slot.:evil:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts