Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped in the new engine seen in my sig below, and an hour or two of trying to line everything up, the flywheel finally disappeared into the bellhousing (AOD) and I wiggled and shimmied the engine up and down and the tranny up and down till the little guide dowels lined up with the holds in the bell housing, but problem is that I got the driverside part of the bell housing and the block to line up and the dowel set into the hole completely and I was able to thread a bolt thru the block and the bell, but the passenger side of the bell housing is lined up with the block, but needs to be moved forward about a quarter to lil under a half inch to meet flush with the block so that the dowel pin will disappear in the hole everything is lined up perfect becauxe I was able to thread a bolt on the passenger side thru the block and bell, but I just can't get the tranny to move forward that damn quarter inch on the passengerside

so my rambling question is....does anybody know any easy way to wiggle an AOD tranny forward a lil bit?? should I disconnect the driveshaft and hold the tail of the AOD and shimmy it forward that way? I even took out the sledgehammer and hit the metal part of the tranny mount in hopes that a few knocks would edge it forward, but no such luck I have to unwait the tranny somehow, but still have it movable, and I can't do that with my jack, its got crappy wheels

any help is much much appreciated, I mean everything else is ready to go, cept the damn tranny isn't connectted,

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to mention, I've got convertible motor mounts and the stock tranny mount...could this affect anything at all??

·
Registered
80 Posts
big block bird said:
do you have the studs on the converter lined up w/ the holes in the flexplate?
That's what I was thinking.. You need them to line up before you get anything else... Also becareful if it's not sitting fluch and you start a bolt in on one side you might cross thread.. So go easy on it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts