Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tried and tried to get the top nut loose on my front struts so i can install koni adjustable. I have the largest screw drive that i can find, i use a vise grip to hold that from turning and then i use a 13/16 wrench to try and break the bolt loose. i am a strong guy and even with me holding the center still and a friend turning the nut i cannot break the nut loose. we have basicly ruined the slot the screw driver fits into and i am at wits end? we have tried with the strut compressed and decompressed. i have tapped sprayed etc. please ANY ADVICE. is there a special tool for this other than a massive flat head? the back ones where easy to do but the fronts are crazy. HELP:mad: :mad: :mad:

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
indeed they are indeed they are. i dont have impact so i am up a creek i guess. i love it when people just say to "remove the nut" when describing this procedure. not even header installs have pissed me off this bad. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

· Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks alot guys , at this point i am ready to do the hack saw trick but i owe the stock ones to my friend so i am reluctant to hack them. i will try and have a shop impact them off but the car has no motor in it right now,LOL so i am stuck at the garage.
THANKS FOR ALL THE IDEA's
paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.