Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm having just a little bit of trouble diagnosing what is wrong with my 04 GT. I pulled my motor out and rebuilt it, and also did a battery relocation to the trunk. Everything is back together and I can't get it to start! Before tear down the car worked fine, but now, as soon as I connect the battery, Fuse number 7 (interior lights/GEM) blows immediately. The car turns over but it won't start. I've double and triple checked my wiring and I can't find a short anywhere, or anything that would be disconnected. I know the GEM controls the PATS (which naturally disables the fuel pump) but I'm also having an issue with my SCT tuner not being able to connect to my PCM to upload a tune or reflash it to stock. Does PATS disable that connection too? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
839 Posts
it sounds like a pinched wire somewhere....first thing I would check is the starter connections and the fuse box under the hood

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it sounds like a pinched wire somewhere....first thing I would check is the starter connections and the fuse box under the hood
I did a lot of troubleshooting last night and that's the conclusion I came to as well... I looked a lot under the dash, but didn't pay much attention to the engine bay fuse box. Thanks; I'll try that and follow up with what I find, if anything.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated as well!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two years later and I'm STILL having this issue. I have found that the fuse doesn't blow if I disconnect one of the five wire bundles connected to the GEM. I've heard of GEM's going bad, anyway that I can know for sure?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts