Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of swapping out my fuel pump. I have everything disconnected and the tank on the ground. My problem is one of the fuel lines that attach to the tank/pump. I can't seem to release the clip that is holding the flexible line to the metal line.

There are two of these, one has the clip like the fuel filter. Got that one off. One has a weird clip. The Corral tech article says that you have to depress the clip holders. I can't seem get it to release. What's the trick? What tool(s) can I use to release this thing without breaking it?

Thanks for ANY help!
Matty

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I changed mine I had to buy a fuel line remover. It was a little clip thing the cliped over the line and then I pushed it on to undo it. They make different ones for Ford Chebby, and Dodge.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I just did mine last week.

The line actually broke inside the plastic clip because it was so rusty. I decided to rip the old lines out, and make new ones.

Are your lines rusty?

Cheers,

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh...

Just upgraded mine last night and it's still fresh in my head.. That particular "clip" took me about 20 minutes to figure out. There are 2 tiny little depressable tabs on the sides. I used 2 small flathead screwdrivers to depress the tabs and with a little bit of prying I was able to disengage the clip. I was not too worried since I got 2 new clips with my fuelpump.

The biggest problem was to get the new fuel pump back into the tank!!! What a PITA!!!

Hope this helps..

Stan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about the two screwdriver bit, but I wanted to make sure that was the way I was supposed to try to get it off. I didn't get new clips with my pump, so mine has to stay intact!

My lines look pretty good. Didn't notice any rust at all.

Now the rust on the tailpipes that I found, that's another story/post!

Thanks, Matty

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Thanks for the help guys! Got everything taken care of, buttoned back up, and running again. My first project, and it went pretty smooth.

And Stan, you ain't kidding about putting the pump back in! That probably took the longest in the reassemble, including raising the tank back into position, and I did that by myself!

Thanks again!

Matty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts