Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EEC is flooding the car to death when i first go to start it, it will rev to 2K like normal and then die immediately like someone pulled the spark, if i pull the plugs after this, they are soaked with fuel, ive tried cleaning all the wiring plugs and connections, no luck, well basically ive tried about all i know, and ive gone thorugh a few diagnosis procedures, with no luck at all, i pull the codes to find only EGR related crap, and MAP sensor voltage irregularity, which i dont have the vacuum line going into the MAP because i was told im better off with it plugged in but not hooked up on vac, anyway, anybody have any ideas on where i could look?...this is an all stock fuel system on my 331 in my sig with the stock intake TB and a 73 mm C&L, only change is the adjustable FP regulator...HELP ME PLEASE

ok well thanks guys for any comments or input

Corey

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a similar problem. I bought a stock 89 Coupe and it ran real rich. I put my 306 w/trick flow heads and intake and X cam in the car and still have the same problem. In the process I put 24 lb inj. and an adj. fuel pressure reg. on the motor and I have my fuel pressure turned down to 28 lb. and it still runs rich. I changed O2's and still have the same problem. I think it has to be a sensor or something not getting the right signal but I haven't found it yet. If I have time tomorrow I am going to pull the computer out of my 93 GT and plug it in the 89 and see if it changes the problem. If it does I'll post back here as soon as I can.
Jeff.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive tried swapping the computers in mine...from the A9L to the A9P, and it ran the exact same and spit the same codes...none of which have helped me to trace down this problem...well i did get one code "66"

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66 is low mass air voltage i believe, i plan on bustin out the voltmeter later today...and thanks jeff for your reply

Corey

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found it...it waas a huge vacuum leak that i somehow overlooked about 4 times...it was just gaping open with no line or plug on it...about as big as my pinky in diameter

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it waas a big diameter vac. source under the upper intake, theres the vac. tree and that big hole on the firewall side of the upper, i missed that big hole somehow, there is a twin just like it on the front side, i guess i just saw that one and somehow told myself there was only one...i donno what happened, but that was it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts