Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I build a 5.0 DOHC high compression nitrous motor so I can run at the track without more than a roll bar then have nitrous for pesky street challengers

OR

Should I build a low compression turbo motor and put twin turbos on it running 12-15psi.

I want a street friendly car that can whip ass when needed and be as dependable as possible. Like to hear some opinions and reasons behind them.

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts
Isn't "big inch N/A modular" an oxymoron? Anyway, in general from what I've seen, 4V modulars respond better to boost than to spray. For the LS1/LS6 crowd it's the opposite.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Both ideas are cool as hell. I'd love to have to make that decision!

Hmm,

5.0L or 5.3L DOHC 11:1 compression with a 175shot :D

or

4.6L DOHC Twin turbo

Good luck deciding between those two!

The Turbo will prolly make more power, but not be as streetable.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my hangups is if I make a car with 600rwhp or more what will I do with it. Street race, probably. To run at the track though I would have to put in a full cage which I don't want to do. I guess I could have 2 different boost settings if I did the turbo. Kick ass and Humiliate settings

·
Registered
18 Posts
IM IN THE SAME BOAT, DO YOU GO WITH SPRAY? OR DO YOU GO THE MORE EXPENSIVE WAY AND DO THE TURBOS?. FROM ALL THE FEED BACK IVE GOTTEN IT LOOKS TO BE MORE OF A PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND ALSO DEPENDING ON BUDGET. I HAVE ALSO HEARD THE OPPOSITE IN THAT 4V DOHC MOTORS HANDLE SPRAY JUST FINE AS LONG AS THEY ARE TUNED BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!! IVE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE ZEX KIT! SO THATS PROBLY WHAT ILL START WITH UNLESS SOMEONE CAN SAY FROM EXPERIENCE THAT ITS NOT GOOD? ANYWAY GOOD LUCK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts