Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone PLEASE!!! help me I am going nuts! I have an 86' Mustang SVO and the front ball joints are going out. I dont know enough about suspension to know what I am doing but I have had no luck at all locating this part i was told that The ball joints are set in to the lower control arm and that I would need to change them out completely. Can someone PLEASE! tell me what to do? Where I can get replacement parts. I really dont care to stay stock as I was told these are $600.00 each so can someone please tell me what to do to change this out? or were to get a kit to do so? I will go with a racing set if I need to jegs has this part (http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1439&prmenbr=361) but I did not know if this would work or not. THANK IN ADVANCE FOR THE INFO!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
CONTROL ARMS

CHECK OUT THE SVO WEB SITES YOU CAN FIND USED ONES FOR 75 T 100 DOLLARS . SOMETIMES NEWS ONES FOR 175 EACH NO WAY IN **** I WOULD PAY 600 FOR THEM . HOPE THAT HELPS YOU .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried that I am almost to the point of giving up. What I really need to know is, are there any after market kits that work or what would i need to do to make it work? I hate buying used parts cause most of the time i run in to the same problem. I was told that I could probably change it out with a set from the 5.0 is this true and what is involved in the switch. thanks for the reply though!

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAN YOU DO THAT FOR AN SVO???!!!??? Do you know the part number???!!!??? Please tell me what to do if you know how, I was under the impression that I could not find a Ball Joint that would fit, PLEASE!!!! tell me what the part number is and where to get it!!! THANKS!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts